- Many of the stories are heartwarming -- you'll read about rescues who've found their forever homes and animals injured in mind or body who've been rehabilitated through love and perseverance.
- A few of the stories will invariably be tissue-worthy -- abuse and death are all part of the dance and demand to be discussed too.
- Most of the stories, though, I hope will leave you smiling and nodding in recognition -- for it's through the mirror that animals turn upon us that we come to more fully understand the human condition.
Before moving here, I was a city girl, though my heart has always been country. I was a registered veterinary technician for 7 years nearly a quarter of a century ago. This site marries up my current life as a gentlewoman farmer with my previous life as a vet tech.
- On Mondays, I'll update you as to what's going on with the farm and beasties. I'm sure there will be stories about the coyotes, snakes and snapping turtles that roam through, along with plenty of stories and pictures about the horses, dogs, cats, goats and more that live here.
- On Wednesdays, I'll have guest bloggers talking about their work, their animals or their organizations -- or I'll fill the time with additional anecdotes or news. If you have a tale you'd like to contribute that's 300-1200 words, contact me at phoenixsullivan @ yahoo.com. I'd love to feature stories by other Animal Junkies!
- On Fridays, I'll post stories from my days as a vet tech.
So make yourself at home, sign up to follow the blog and to receive the occasional newsletter, and check out the tabs for how to send photos of your companion animal(s) for other Animal Junkies to enjoy too.
Happy tails to all!